Portland Psychotherapy Clinic, Research, & Training Center is a locally-owned social enterprise that seeks to provide high-quality, inclusive, and evidence-based mental health services to our community. We also provide professional education and conduct research. We are seeking full-time psychologists to join our team.
Are you interested in the freedom that comes with private practice without all of the work and worry of doing it yourself? We provide the administrative and business support you need to focus on what you do best – excellent therapy – without the hassles of paperwork, billing, marketing, or bureaucracy.
Are you seeking a supportive atmosphere that helps you be your best and that supports you to continue to develop your skills, but also encourages you to live a balanced life and not overwork? We provide lots of support for staff professional development and prioritize ongoing learning. But we also encourage and support staff in finding balance so that they can have a great life outside of work as well.
Do you value diversity and inclusivity in your work? We do too and are continually working to do better in being more inclusive, socially just, and more culturally sensitive in our work. Our team is multicultural and anti-racist. Our diversity includes staff who identify as Asian, Latinx, mixed-race, LGBTQ, first generation immigrants, first generation college students, and others. We are seeking to expand the diversity of our staff to further expand who we can be of service to.
Do you like the idea of working alongside people who are actively engaged in research so you can benefit from ongoing advancements in science? We are a unique setting that truly integrates research and clinical practice. Several of our clinicians are also engaged in research we are conducting at the center. Clinical staff and our clinician researchers share ideas through our robust continuing education program.
Do you want to work for a local company that really cares about their team and their community versus some online company or huge organization with lots of bureaucracy ? We are a local business with about 25 employees and have worked hard to develop a culture that makes this a great place to work with lots of flexibility and support. As a social enterprise our bottom line isn’t about creating profits for our owners, but rather it is to have a meaningful impact in our community and in our field.
If this sounds good to you, reach out to us so we can talk about possible options.
Salary Range – About $100K for about 20 client-contacts per week and $120K for 24 client-contacts per week, with variation depending on level of experience. Pay ranges based on clients seen, so you can make significantly more than that if you choose to see more clients per week. It’s really up to you.
What we offer:
- You control how many and which clients you see
- Clients matched to your areas of interest and expertise
- We provide customized EHR system and do all the billing
- Minimal paperwork
- Very strong administrative support
- Beautiful and ADA accessible office space and support for telehealth if you choose that
- Hybrid work arrangement, if desired (part time from office, part time from home)
- Flexible schedule (many of our clinicians work a 4 day work week)
- Established connections with the community and a strong reputation with colleagues
- A great place to work that supports you in your development, maximizes your autonomy, and allows you to focus on seeing clients and doing excellent therapy
- Either schedule your own clients or ask our awesome admin staff to do it for you
- Conduct therapy as you deem best with minimal interference from anyone else
- Attend weekly team meetings one hour/week
- Use our EHR system for billing and charting
- Focus on what you do best, excellent therapy, and continue to enhance your skills
- Maintain and advance your cultural competence and ability to provide culturally sensitive treatment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee retirement plan with 3% match
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Stipend for professional education
- Dedicated stipend for training related to anti-racist practice, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Free attendance of any of our many workshops and classes we offer through our continuing education and internal training programs
- Ability to bring your well-behaved animal companion to work
- Access to funds (including salary support) for special projects you might wish to do such as community outreach or scholarly work
- Paid onboarding
- Relocation assistance
- Optional opportunities to supervise trainees
- Optional opportunities to conduct trainings, classes, and workshops
- Opportunities to connect with your colleagues at happy hours and other events
- Supervision to help you develop skill in new areas of practice
- Professional development assistance
Self-directed and organized
Minimum 3-year commitment
Training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), RO DBT, DBT, behavior therapy, emotion-focused therapy, compassion-focused therapy, or newer forms of CBT.
Adds to the diversity of our staff
Current license as psychologist in Oregon
Utilizes in evidence-based practices in therapy
Committed to antiracist and culturally-informed therapy approach
To apply for this position, please fill out this form: https://forms.office.com/r/GYjJvHbfnd and then send a cover letter and CV as indicated at the end of the form. We are currently only looking for full-time employees.
More about Portland Psychotherapy
Portland Psychotherapy is based on a social enterprise model that attempts to contribute to the social good in four areas:
- Our local community– through providing clinical services (including reduced fee), psychotherapy training and workshops, supervision of trainees, and support for local therapists
- The wider community– through contributing to scientific research and scholarship, dissemination of innovations, and participation in national and international organizations
- Employees– providing an excellent place to work with high quality of life for employees
- The natural environment– through managing our environmental footprint in sustainable ways that minimize our negative impact on the planet
All profits generated at Portland Psychotherapy are used to fund our local and wider community social good efforts. This includes the clinic’s low fee services and training programs. In addition, these funds are what support all the research our center conducts including dedicated salary support for doctoral researchers, research coordinators, or trainees involved in research. Our funding structure protects Portland Psychotherapy from the vicissitudes of grant funding and allows us to focus on furthering science rather than chasing grants. This also allows our clinicians to operate in a true scientist-practitioner model through opportunities to both contribute to and benefit from research conducted in the center. More information about our unique business model can be found here. A listing of our scientific publications can be found here.
Portland Psychotherapy has local, national, and international reputation as being a leading center for evidence-based therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, psychedelic-assisted therapy, training, and research. Our center is housed in a beautifully restored 1889 Victorian home in the vibrant N. Williams corridor area of Portland which provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere for clients and staff alike. For more information about our building please see our website.